by on 03/06/10 at 11:51 pm
Unplanned dining room is a typical sight where everything hangs in tedium. There is little continuity and the space ends up looking like a big mess with unlikely outcomes such as an awkward sitting arrangement with no space to move around, or the discomfort the host faces while serving. Once you pay attention to basic areas of your dining area, you can start thinking about modern dining room furniture that compliments your home, and not just stands there not to knowing where it fits. To avoid an odd situation, look up to the basic.
Watch out for clear yes situations; recheck the list below to assure that you,
• Measure the complete dining area with the furniture articles it already occupies like buffets and console tables
• Estimate the number of people (how many will dine?)
• Round up on an ideal size (the shape will fit in)
• Guesstimate your need. Do you need it for small get-together/family gatherings?
Once you have the sorted out the details, you can think of a table shape that compliments the area. Traditional rectangular shapes are ideal for big families, but there are more shapes available. And contemporary dining room sets fill in the norms of modern day lifestyle, fitting in snugly; and leaf tables can also sit as a daytime console table in a corner. If you like regular features in your dining room, you can get a set that bespeaks the theme and fits the space conveniently, allowing room to move about.
Extendible tables are a smart idea for hosting parties and seating more people, and then there are outdoor dining tables that can be used indoors with ease. So, depending on your lifestyle, get a table that is practical and approachable. You can also match up a table with designer dining chairs that come in sleekest of material and designs to suit your taste for novelty.
Here go a few general rules you should pay attention to while purchasing dining furniture,
• An average diner requires about 18” to 24” of space away from the table to comfortably pull the chair and sit in.
• As to the space between two diners, the ideal one would be 24”-30” to prevent brushing of elbows and any awkward bump ins.
• There must be sufficient space for the host to be able to serve. So you need at least a distance of 4-5 feet for the
person to move about.
• Dinner buffets should be placed well within reach for convenience.
Ready dining sets free your mind from the hassle of finding the right matching furniture that compliments. The enthusiast and connoisseur can still enjoy the innovation when it comes to mixing and matching furniture. Then there are regular tables in fancy shapes—round, oval, square and more unusual shapes designed for smaller families. Pay attention to the chairs closely.
You don’t want a snobbish furniture piece sitting wobbly around the table. Also work on practical aspects; it would be a better idea to avoid fabric chairs when you have growing kids at home. Stain-resistant chair upholstered in micro fabric and leather chairs are easy to clean.
Apart from the in stock dining designs, you must pay attention to dining room storage that includes,
Curios: Independent display unit with a central glass front and wooden/glass sides
Dinner Buffet: Used as storage furniture for your precious china and glitters, you can display and use the buffet by placing it near the dining table. The top of the buffet is normally used as service area and in modular homes; it’s a blessing to have a buffet around.
Sideboard: Equipped with a wide drawer, the table comes with cabinets on both sides. The furniture is mainly used for storing serving dishes and platters as well as for serving food.
Server: Quite like the sideboard but minus the cabinets, it is used to place food on the table before serving it on the table. A server is a shallow table with drawers.
- Modern dining room furniture Dining room is a place in our homes where the...
- Dining Room Furniture Dining room furniture includes a wide range of dining tables,...
- Oak Dining Room Furniture: Why Oak Dining Room Furniture is for Keeps If you are looking for the perfect furniture for your...